ELWOOD ELEMENTARY MISSION STATEMENT
Elwood Elementary School provides all students with an appropriate education in a safe, supportive, and stimulating environment which will enhance the student’s intellectual, social, emotional and physical development. Parents, school personnel and community members cooperatively accept the responsibility for helping students to maximize their potential.
VISION for ELWOOD ELEMENTARY
- The school will always provide a positive, safe, and caring environment for children.
- Every child can learn and it is the responsibility of the school to provide challenging opportunities that lead to the success of each child.
- The school will form collaborative relationships with families, communities, local businesses, and agencies to help guide the students to success.
- Teachers and parents will encourage students to become disciplined lifelong learners who will be prepared to solve problems through creative and critical thinking.
- Teachers will design instruction that will guide the students toward active participation in meaningful work around a curriculum that meets all state and local standards.